Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Java's verbose Python is too slow... It's time you know...

Write in Go! Write in Go!



Lyrics

The schedule's tight on the cluster tonight.
So I parallelized my code.
All those threads and continuations.
My head's going to explode.
And all that boilerplate.
That FactoryBuilderAdapterDelegateImpl
Seems unjustified
Give me something simple
Don't write in Scheme
Don't write in C
No more pointers that I forgot to free()
Java's verbose
Python's too slow
It's time you know
Write in Go
Write in Go
No inheritance anymore
Write in Go
Write in Go
There's no do or while,just for
I don't care what your linters say
I've got tools for that
The code never bothered me anyway
dodododo diudiudiu...
It's funny how some features
Make every change seem small
And the errors that once slowed me
Don't get me down at all
It's time to see what Go can do
Cause it seems too good to be true
No long compile times for me
I'm free
Write in Go
Write in Go
Kiss your pointer math goodbye
Write in Go
Write in Go
Time to give GC a try
I don't care if my structures stay
on the heap or stack
donononododono...
My program spawns its goroutines without a sound
Control is spiraling through buffered channels all around
I don't remember why I ever once subclassed
I'm never going back
My tests all build and pass
Write in Go
Write in Go
You won't use Eclipse anymore
Write in Go
Write in Go
Who cares what Boost is for?
I don't care what the tech leads say
oo wow oo...
I'll rewrite it all
nonononono...
Writing code never bothered me ,anyway

Sung by ScaleAbility, an acapella group at Google.

Share this article



This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! My 5 year old girl loves this almost as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three years later and this song still makes me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete